He famous the courts have constantly upheld the vote, finding no evidence of fraud. Trump’s supporters had gathered in Washington on the president’s behest to be available when Congress convened for the ceremonial studying of the Electoral College results that confirmed Biden’s victory. “The sheer size of the crowd is emblematic of a very divided country,” Ward mentioned in a textual content when requested if she was supportive of the group that clashed violently with Capitol Police as safety officers allotted gas masks to members of Congress. Pennsylvania was among a number of swing states Biden received and which Trump has attacked the integrity of these elections and urged officials to behave on his behalf.
- Governor Tom Corbett signed Ward’s Senate Bill 638 into law, which mandated that those who have been treated for addiction with methadone and used state funded transportation had to make use of their nearest methadone clinic.
- During her 5 years on the supervisors’ board, the township got its rec center however at a tenth of the unique value, Ward said.
- While he defended the end result of the election as “free and honest,” Wolf stated he can be open to discussing changes to the regulation, similar to giving native election boards extra time to canvass mail-in ballots in advance of Election Day.
- She is the primary girl within the history of the Pennsylvania Legislature to function Majority Leader in both the Pennsylvania House or Senate.
- Nearly every state has licensed the outcomes of its election, and Mr. Biden has secured the 270 electoral votes needed to turn into the following president when the Electoral College meets on Monday.
- “Sen. Ward’s amendment limiting the length of future emergency declarations permitted by Senate”.
To contribute to the record of Pennsylvania scorecards, e-mail recommendations to Ward ran for re-election to the Pennsylvania State Senate to symbolize District 39. Kim Ward is a member of the Pennsylvania State Senate, representing District 39. “Sen. Ward’s modification limiting the size of future emergency declarations accredited by Senate”.
In the 2011–2012 Legislative Session, Ward renewed her push to reform methadone therapy practices in Pennsylvania. Governor Tom Corbett signed Ward’s Senate Bill 638 into regulation, which mandated that those who have been handled for habit with methadone and used state funded transportation had to make use of their nearest methadone clinic. In 2012 Kim Ward was courted to run in opposition to US Senator Bob Casey.She opted to run for re-election to her state senate seat, which she did by successful both Republican and Democratic nominations. Following her time with Schweiker’s administration, Ward returned to her political consulting, working eighty four Lumber founder Joe Hardy’s successful election as Commissioner in Fayette County, Pennsylvania.
Ward began her political involvement through the 1994 US Senate Campaign of former Senator Rick Santorum, when she served because the County Chair for his Westmoreland County marketing campaign. In 1999, she ran the profitable election of Scott Connor to County Commissioner in Westmoreland County. She served because the Southwest Regional Director for Santorum’s 2000 re-election bid.